Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Very Late "Happy New Year"

2008 is in full swing, and I'm still coping with the shock that 2007 is long gone. The last year has been, without a doubt, the fastest year of my entire life! I suppose it's true what they say, the speed of time is directly proportional to your age - in that the older you become, the faster time seems to go by. Truth!

As I reflect on the last year, I can't help but be grateful for all of the blessings (both expected and unexpected) that came my way. It was a fast but fruitful year; filled with an abundance of spiritual growth and self improvement. I continued to develop my strong relationship with God; and continuing to put God first has given me the wisdom to learn and accept how other things in my life fall into place. It's changed my outlook, mentality, and coping mechanisms, ultimately allowing me to be both joyful with everything I have, and content with all that I lack. Coextensively, it's opened my eyes to the areas of my life that need improvement - all of which are a work in progress. Trust! 2007 was very eventful - in every sense of the word - and amongst the dozens of stories I've shared and haven't shared, my favorite events of the year include:

01. My trip to Canada and Seattle with Lisa.
02. Being maid of honor at my cousin Angel's wedding.
03. Skydiving with my friends.
04. Buying my dream car.
05. Getting the job I've been dreaming of all year.
06. Being a bridesmaid at my best friend's wedding.
07. Going to 2 different Laker games (1 & 2).
08. My 24th Birthdaypalooza.
09. Dressing up as Jelly Beans for Halloween.

While I accomplished a large portion of the goals I set for myself in 2007, there are some goals that are still in progress, and that I've carried over into the New Year. And the goals which were out of my own control were at least attempted, and are still things I wish to pursue. My goals for 2008 include:

Continue to grow really long and healthy hair.
Lower my cholesterol, and improve my overall health.
Master the processes of my new job.

I know I say this every year (and every year it's true), but 2008 is going to be a BIG year. I will hit the milestone of turning 25 - and for the first time in my entire life, I honestly feel matured. Some would say old, I say matured - and I welcome all that it entails. My hope for you is that you have an amazing 2008; filled with love, excitement, and new opportunities beyond your wildest dreams.