Friday, June 8, 2007

Milestones

I hit (not one but) two milestones yesterday! At exactly 7 a.m. on May 7th, I was given my very first speeding ticket! The good part? I didn't cry (like I always thought I would). The bad? It happened right in front of my workplace, so everyone had taken their best shot at me by 9am. They even managed to work it into our unit meeting as a 'hot topic'. Crazies. I am no longer referred to as "the kid," but rather "criminal." I'm such a bad ass.

So, although my day didn't start off at its best... it ended with a bang; because at about 7 p.m. (and after a 3-week waiting list), I was handed a set of keys to my dream car! Brand new & fully loaded!

Ironic? Perhaps. But I'd like to think of it as "God's way of keeping me in check." I've concluded that earning my first speeding violation, has and will continue to force me to drive on grandma-mode for (at least) the next 18 months. See, he was preparing me for the new car. Good lookin out big guy, good lookin out.

Anyway, It's true what the Bible says: "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33 (NLT)