Sunday, March 2, 2008

Another NBA Post, I Love This Game

First things first, how amazing was the Lakers v. Mavs game today? I tell you, the boys had me on the edge of my seat the entire game! I wasn't too worried with the 7-0 run in the beginning, and I thought that set a really good tone for what was to come. Both teams definitely brought it, and I've gotta give big ups to Dirk - homeboy can shoot for a big guy. The game's MVP was definitely Kobe Bryant, scoring a season high of 52 points (the early missed free throw shots were forgivable). He definitely brought it today - and how cute was he when he was cradling his two daughters during a post game interview. Gigi and Natalia are delicious. Contrary to my last mention of him, Luke Walton played decent ball today - especially earlier on in the game. The entire team still needs to work on their D, but I thought they fought really hard today. Honorable mentions to Sasha and Lamar. And of course, how can I not mention Jordy's career high of 24 points against the Heat last Thursday. Boyfriend has game.

So with Friday nights loss and today's amazing win, tomorrow won't be black Monday in downtown L.A. Sigh of relief! I think it's fair to say that for the rest of the season, you can pretty much turn the TV on and find a decent game. Everyone in the Western Conference is playing with such energy and gusto, making for a playoff-like atmosphere at almost every game. And if today's game provides any insight as to what the playoffs are going to be like, then wow, we're in for an amazing post-season.

To all the true Laker fans: say no to the bandwagon!

On a side note, here are photos of me with two of my closest friends at last week's Clippers' game. We had my company suite all to ourselves (courtesy of my boss)! A 12 person booth just for the three of us. Free food, free drinks, free everything.

And yes, it's the same suite as last year's Laker game - only this time, I was the invitee and not the invited. Holla!


Photo: Ayana!


Photo: Switch sides.


Photo: With my only Filipino friend, Andrew.


Photo: Suite life.


Photo: Photogen.


Photo: Can you zoom out a little?


Photo: Buffet.


Photo: Clipper nation, my ass. But it's the NBA, so I loved it.