Saturday, April 5, 2008

April Milestones

The last month has been exciting… and exhausting! So much change and evolution is taking place in my simple little life, I can't even begin to take it all in! The earlier half of March was in itself, quite uneventful. The weekdays were spent working and commuting, and I've officially begun an overtime routine at work. Speaking of which - I've been at my new job exactly four months now, and I'm still trying to balance myself on the frighteningly steep learning curve. But overall, the entire experience has been a huge breath of fresh air, and I enjoy coming into work each and every morning (the hot boys in the area make that a little bit easier). In passing, my very powerful boss provided some very positive and reassuring feedback on my performance – and there have been talks of elevating my responsibilities. If you knew the kinds of duties involved, that's a HUGE deal. So I'm pretty stoked about that. My goal is to be promoted in 2-3 years, and so far, that's looking feasible.

In other very big news – I'm moving! After nearly one month of sacrificing my weekends to search for a new apartment, I've finally found a place to call my own. And let me tell you, it hasn't been easy. Finding an apartment in the greater Los Angeles area has been a pill. A huge, throat-clinching pill. Los Angeles is huge, so the chances you'll accidentally end up in the ghetto are pretty darn good. After searching through the highs and lows of Koreatown, Glendale, etc. – I decided that my best bet was to venture off into the burbs. And just when I came close to a mental and physical breakdown, I found a charming little place in the city I originally wanted to live in. SCORE! But I tell you, my best girl and I ended my search with a handful of stories about crazy leasing officers who made us take our shoes off and walk in straight lines on new carpet. It was coextensively hilarious and creepy. Thinking about the ajima now still gives me the heeby jeebies.

In equally huge news – my $3K smile has made its debut! That's right ladies and gents, I am metal-mouth and bracey-face no more! As of April 1st, I'm flossin' the smile I've wanted all my life! Unfortch, because I haven't seen my brace-less teeth for almost 2 years, they look a bit horse-like and off-white. Not cool homies. Not cool. So now that I'm obsessed with oral… healthcare, I'm looking into some cosmetic whitening procedures. Any recommendations? On the up-and-up, it feels amazing just to be able to floss my teeth like a human being. I'm completely obsessed with dental floss – and have officially started a "teeth fetish".

Well that covers all the major stuff – lots of funny, small tidbits to share… and hopefully I'll get around to posting a pic and story here and there. Stay tuned!