Friday, September 2, 2005

"So you left your job?"

“What’s next for you?”

*CUE DEFENING SILENCE NOW*

Soul searching is my natural modus operandi. I’m never afraid to analyze or admit to anything. I never pretend to reflect the state of the average 22 year old woman, and have enough self security to state that I am not the mirror image of a contemporary alpha female.

So when faced with the above-question (on more than one occasion within the recent days might I add), how is it that I still can’t bring myself to say “I’m not exactly sure” without feeling as though my self worth is in a steep decline and downward trajectory?

I’m doing it all with gusto – moving forward and trying to have fun in the process. But still, there’s a vast and black-hole infested gap between spending my time wisely and spending my time wisely and getting paid ish-loads of greenbacks!

I remain optimistic. All I can do is send out a gajillion copies of my resume in hopes that a great company is in need of a sleep deprived college grad who speaks broken Tagalog. I found a great listing in the Times the other day ~ unfortunately, I do not speak fluent Hebrew. Damn.

In terms of job-seeking, I am committing the equivalent of The Full Monty starting tomorrow. I mean, I’m gonna be no-holds-barred man. So to the club of early-twenty-sum Asian American professionals, pull a chair out for Rowena ~ because here the ---- I come.