Sunday, November 30, 2008

San Francisco Night 1

What an amazing start to my business trip. With my flight arriving in SFO at about noon, I was given enough time to paint the town red with one of my best friends from London, Jodi.

Jodi's been living in SF for a few years now, so she was able to show me around town like a true native - and we went from tourist traps to neighborhood pubs, all within a 7-8 hour time span. We walked through Chinatown, had clam chowder and a beer at Fisherman's Wharf, admired the view from Lombard St., and sat and paid our respects to the water. We even rode on the side of a trolley, where she gave me the most amazing play-by-play of all that the city has to offer. What an amazing tour guide.

Everyone has been extremely nice so far. The barista at Peet's Coffee gave me a mocha on the house, and the bartender at a pub gave us several glasses of free beer and cider.

The last 3 hours of the night were spent at the London Black Horse Pub, where we met two extremely amazing blokes - one, who was drop dead effin' gorgeous, was set to sail to the Galapagos Islands the following morning. Good looking, worldly, and 6'3".

We had to cut the night short - considering I am here to work - so I manned up and bussed it back to my suite.

I love you Jodi. I love you San Francisco.