Tuesday, January 30, 2007

January 2007 Highlights Part II

Some friends/coworkers and I decided to ski & snowboard this past Saturday. Big-ups to all my friends who board... it's a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. Way back in the day (and I mean waaaay back) I used to ski frequently... and very good might I add. But snowboarding is a whole new ball game; and it sure as hell took the best of me.

My coworker Dan moonlights as a snowboarding instructor - so I had the privy to have a full days worth of private (and free) lessons. The first half of the day involved me holding fiercly onto his hands the whole way down the intermediate slope (yes, we basically skipped bunny). It took about 1 hour to get down. Shut up.

The second run went by smoothly. I finally got the hang of things - and could actually turn that board on my own. Needless to say, I loved it! We're already planning on heading up to summit/bear/mtn high a couple more times before the season's end. That way I can get good enough for Mammoth next Christmas.

Kudos to Dan - and his barrel of patience. Poor guy. He had to wait for me to mozey on down the mountain the entire day. I promise I'll get better buddy!

Sidenote: The loveliest Portuguese (or so says his accent) man works at the rental shop at Snow Summit. I honestly believe he's the most attractive person I've ever seen in person. That's all.. it just needed to be said.