Tuesday, January 16, 2007

All Work, No Play

It's quite funny to look back and recall the many times I've sat idle and daydreamed of being a pawn in the corporate world. Though in retrospect, I don't recall any of my daydreams involving 10-12 hour work days, little to no sleep, meal-wavers, buckets of tylenol, and cancelling evening reservations with friends in order to ensure that the quality of my work would be the screw to set the bar.

But really, I can't complain too much. Despite this being 'what i've always wanted', the busy and fast-paced world of a grown ass woman makes for a good feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day - when I walk out of the office knowing that I've satisfied another client.

[side note: don't get me wrong, we get our fair share of ungrateful motherbleepers who make us cynical, cold-hearted, and are perfect examples of why it can be so easy to lose your faith in human-kind.]

My free time on weekdays is becoming frighteningly scarce. By the time I ebb my way through traffic - the only thing I want to do is crawl into the furthest corner of my bed and canoodle with my schmoe of a dog.

T-minus 6 hours until my alarm goes off. Ohhh corporate ladder, you better be worth it.