Thursday, August 18, 2005

Happy Birthday Daddy!


Photo: My dad and I, this time last year.

Mom, Paul, and I drove out to Glendale to surprise dad at his office. The look on his face was priceless! He was so proud to have the entire family unit present, and he made this evident by walking us past each office/cubicle in the building, & introducing/re-introducing us to his coworkers. I haven't been back to Glendale in nearly 16 years (and I'm amazed that dad makes that journey to and fro each day), so you can only imagine how elated and nostalgic the experience must have been for me. We drove past our old elementary school and condo. I started to tear at the thought of micro Ro running up and down that long hall and penetrating that grass! Micro Paul got his used-to-be-fatass stuck between the concrete floor and metal gate that led into the parking structure whilst in an 'all fours' position. Oh my brother. It was an amazing trip down memory lane.

I love you dad.