Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Mystique

Dated April 29, 2010

It's a deep rooted fascination that I myself don't fully understand. It's something so mentally and emotionally embedded in me - that thru time, while the minds and spirits of most people can slowly let feelings like this die, it - on the other hand - is a constant for me - neither festering nor dwindling, but just... there. There like breath, there like sunlight... there like all things natural in this world.

Many years have passed since I've allowed myself to embrace the memories of yesteryear... though each day I've lived in its becoming... so sprouted from a short-lived time in the presence of something so moving, so... perfect... that to this day, I cannot ration myself to move beyond it.

Oh how great things have been since its passing. But even then, it is my constant. Its reminder, both my joy and my sorrow... that even photos, past and present, are capable of producing smiles and inducing tears.