Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday School

I wasn't in the best of spirits when I went to bed at 2:30am last night - so naturally, I wasn't in the best of spirits when I woke up 5 hours later to get ready for church. But something changed when the first graders started pouring into our Sunday school class.

Something in me always changes when I'm around those kids.

They're so innocent & candid... in every sense of the word. And every little goofy-thang they do manages to enlighten the very center of me. Most of the time they teach me more about God's love than I'm teaching them - if not by the way they hold my hand and embrace me, then by the way they carry around Bibles that are half their weight - with no reservation as to how someone else might judge them. So precious.

If life is a tunnel, then the lights that illuminate my way have been generous. The opportunity to be surrounded by these children, amongst other things, have been the yellows and reds that turn my shades of blues into vibrant greens and exotic violets.