Monday, November 13, 2006

We Will Rock You & Wicked

We Will Rock You
So whilst in London, I finally got to see the musical We Will Rock You at the Old Dominion Theatre by my former flat. I spent a pretty pence for the best seats that money could buy - and I don't regret it one bit. Why? Because I spent an entire evening oogling Galileo, or Peter Johansson. The second he opened his mouth to start singin "I Want To Break Free," I just knew that every girl in that audience was going to walk away with a boy-band-crush on the good lookin chap. The musical was heart-pounding and body rocking, and I would recommend it to all my mates heading over to the isle.

Wicked
I also got an opportunity to see Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre in London's West End. I lucked out because Idina Menzel (Elphaba) took a break from the Broadway limelight to perform in a handful of shows out in London. It's probably tied for best musical of all time (in my book), alongside The Lion King. It's coming to LA in 2007, and I encourage anyone with a taste for theatre to snag some tickets before they sell out!

I also went to Chicago at the Cambridge Theatre, but it was wack. I went in hopes that Ashley Simpson would be playing Roxy Hart, but I'm guessing that God wanted to spare me, because her contract with the musical ended just a few days before. I must say, after Chicago 'the movie', Chicago 'live theatre' is lookin like crap.