Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Dear Maker

i get it
i finally get it
im where you want me to be
im where im supposed to be
living beautifully and free
living fruitfully with glee
living high
living life
given chances to do right
to laugh, to dance, to cry
and all the world ill tell
its good to smoke that which you sell

and theres a reason why im here
why im single
why im short
why ive loved and why ive hurt
why my skin is darker than hers
why my skin is lighter than hers
why i grow long hair
then decide to cut it all
and still am able to stand tall, erect
because i know that i am beautiful
even if only in your eyes

and theres a reason for my path
where ive been and where im going
what ive seen and what ill see
who ive met and have held close
who ive met and have let go
who ive met and who ive shared
a long kiss, a long embrace
or even just a smile
and theres a reason for my path
where ive been and where im going
where ive been and want to be
take me there again if its your will
for me