Friday, July 14, 2006

Bye Y-vonne

The downside to making good friends is having to let them go.

There aren’t many people who I feel absolutely no reservations with, but you, Yvonne, are one of them. There is something that is uniquely “Yvonne” about you – and it’s that inherent nature that’s allowed you to easily finesse your way into all of our hearts.

It’s been a pleasure getting to know you this past year, and I truly hope that we’ll keep in touch over time. It’s a sad thought that through this process, work grew more, and Yvonne-Rowena time grew less. But we’ll always have the unforgettable forty minute break; where we engaged in conversations that were limitless and boundless. I enjoyed each one. Your patience, kindness, and nerdy-ness know no comparison. Whether it be your obtuse capacity to solve brain teasers, or the ardent dedication that you display for footwear, it is a lucky thing for me to able to have crossed paths with you in this lifetime. That sounds too corny (even for someone of my nature), but what I mean to say is that you’ve made an impression on me.

At the risk of sounding overly McCheesy, let me conclude by offering my final pinch of wisdom (until we meet again): Live life with vibrancy and unflappable spirit, and never cease to retain the capacity to love, laugh, and contain an unwavering idealism for romance. It’s unfortunate that we won’t get to spend our birthdays together, but I wish you all the best beyond your 25th year. It’s so easy to become more jaded and more cynical as we grow older, but I’m sure you’ll maintain that inner kernel of what is so very you, and I’m sure you’ll do it well. Apart from men and money, make a life that is completely your own ~ and always, always stay true to your heart. God has an amazing plan for you, and I can’t wait to meet with you in the future to hear all about it.

Congratulations on your new job! And always remember to… shake your vonne vonne.


Photo: Yvonne's last day!