Monday, March 27, 2006

Jesus Take The Wheel

I've been feeling incomplete the past couple of months. I often entertained this debt by thinking it could be fixed if I just "found someone to love" or "bought my Mercedes" or what have you. But I finally admitted that what I was longing for most, was to work on my relationship with Christ.

The Lord has been good because he's given me friends who serve as channels to get back onto the right path. I can't express how grateful I am for these people. Traco, Lamar, Mommy.

So mom and I went to a "new" church for the first time on Sunday, and I'm proud to say that I've found a new home. From the moment I stepped out of my car, I took in a breath of fresh air. Everything about the church felt so right: the seats were comfortable, the lighting was perfect, the center stage was eye catching, the congregation was beaming, everyone was clapping and grasping their individual copies of the Holy Bible. I felt as though the sermon spoke directly to me; addressing issues I've been struggling with in my own life. It felt so good to be attending a service that spoke of the very thing that I am strongly passionate about: Christ, with no fluff.

This isn't something that happened over the course of one night... it's not something someone pressured me into... not something I was influenced into doing... or forced to do by my parents. This has been on my mind for months now. Especially now that I am grown, I can decide for myself what church to attend, or what belief system I want to guide my life with. People are always surprised when they come to learn that I have a strong passion for Christ ~ especially since I haven't been the most pious of Catholics... but I've always believed in his sacrifice and his love - ALL of my life; and I do try hard to be a good person.

I've been longing for a strong support system in terms of my Christian faith, and I think I've finally found it. I want to get as involved as possible with this church... hopefully through one of its many ministries. It will allow me to grow as a person and improve on my relationship with God. And as much as I adore my friends, my job, and have great times with my coworkers, this will allow me to get away from all of that ~ it's something new, something different, something to provide an escape... on top of aiding in my role as a Christian.

Needless to say, I've found a new home. A new calling. As if I've been... born again.