Monday, January 2, 2006

2006

God has a funny sense of humor.

I revisit the day I pressed my belly to the desk, preparing myself to peruse the web journal of a fellow peer. I sat there for a moment and mentally debated on how I would react if I were to encounter a particularly unfavorable blanket of thoughts; and in the midst of deciding whether or not I was to proceed, my laptop crashed without warning, protecting me from any anguish I was to endure upon myself. I’ve never visited the journal since.

Whether or not such instances are in fact supernaturally induced signs from a higher being, I will always choose to believe that they occur for specific purposes ~ to steer me into a direction I would not have otherwise chosen to embark upon.

And all of these signs have left me onto the very platform I stand tall upon today. Today! The infant break of a new year! And as I celebrate each and every day that I am gratefully blessed with, I am so anticipated to discover all the promises of tomorrow.

2005 was a great year.

*I developed more close (and real) friendships this year than any other year beforehand, and you can’t imagine how thankful I am to be cloaked by an amazingly diverse group of people. They all feed my soul in different ways. I am certain that as time continues to progress, they will all grow to become a great network of support that will define the rest of my days.

*I glowed in the warmth of my solitude and learned precisely what I expected out of myself, learning all of my capacities.

2005, though emotionally uneventful (and we all know I crave the extremes), was overall very good.

2006 gon’ be tiiiiight.

I shiver at what ecstasy I may experience in the coming year. Here’s to carpe diem. Cling steadfastly to your memories and stop dreaming your perfect fairy tail, live it.